Links from the featured topic of episode one:
Block Bad Queries plugin from Jeff Starr
WordPress File Monitor plugin from Matt Walters
WP Security Scan plugin by hallsofmontezuema
Server Buddy plugin by Plugin Buddy
WordPress Exploit Scanner plugin by donncha, duck_, ryan, azaozz and tott
Vaultpress from Automattic
Other ideas to consider
- Choose a vps or dedicated server for a mission critical site.
- Protect your content from scraping and hot-linking.
- Force SSL when you’re logged into the admin.
- If you can’t use SSL, Use a proxy server when you log into your site on open wifi networks.
- If you’re developing a plugin or advanced theme, use nonces and data validation.
- Protect Your Site with a Blackhole for Bad Bots.
- The most insecure factor of WordPress. via @Ipstenu on twitter